Expectations, Conduct and Discipline
Every Piney Woods student is expected to know and be able to recite upon request the Honor Code and to commit to and execute the Student Code of Conduct agreement.
Honor Code: I will be honest, trustworthy, and respectful. I will not lie, cheat or steal.
Code of Conduct Agreement: As a Piney Woods Student, I agree to:
- Treat each other with respect, including using positive and inoffensive language;
- Dress in complete and properly fitting uniform, including haircuts and styles;
- Come to class on time with appropriate materials and prepared to learn;
- Maintain appropriate order and decorum at all times;
- Maintain appropriate physical behavior, including avoiding any sexual contact, improper displays of public affection, fighting, or other physical contact;
- Abide by the daily schedule, including arriving on time for church, tutoring, work, meals, etc., as well as complying with residential rules, and area/campus restrictions;
- Respect other individuals’ property and will not take anything that doesn’t belong to them;
- Follow directions and instructions of faculty/staff and school administration;
- Student will not possess banned substances (lighters, candles, tobacco or vaping products), weapons, illegal drugs and/or alcohol, for use or distribution;
- Refrain from lying, cheating, or dishonesty
Students who fail to honor and comply with these expectations, may lose privileges to participate in extracurricular activities, trips, off campus adventures, etc. Student privileges are monitored on a weekly basis and restored or removed based on the student’s behavior.